Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

12

Re: Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Kevin Walzer-5
On 10/15/10 9:34 AM, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
> The following statement is executed in macosxSupport.py, which I
> assume was an attempt to override, but it's unsuccessful:
>
> root.bind('<<close-all-windows>>', flist.close_all_callback)
>
> Bruce Sherwood

A grep of the 2.6 idleib code on my system does not turn up any
references to tk::mac::Quit. I think that needs to be defined somewhere.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin

Re: Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Tal Einat
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Bruce Sherwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm quite happy to prepare a patch for 2.7; one possibility is to make
> a diff from the 2.7 version of vidle. I guess I misinterpreted your
> comments about 32/64 etc. I'll be out of touch for the next couple
> days. I'm really excited about a two-day visit to Zuni Pueblo (New
> Mexico).
>
> Bruce Sherwood

This discussion has gone in several directions in parallel, so I'd
like to summarize:

First, Bruce has supplied a patch for IDLE based on 3.1.2, which I will review.

Second, Guido suggested getting these changes into Python 2.7 as well.
Bruce has agreed to supply a patch, and I will try to review it as
well.

Finally, a bug in IDLE on OSX has come up, where IDLE fails to exit
cleanly when a user presses Command+Q. A bug report has been opened on
the issue tracker and it seems that a solution is on the way.

That's all, folks :)

- Tal Einat

Re: Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Bruce Sherwood-3
As was suggested by Ned Deily, I've added this to Issue 10079 at
bugs.python.org:

At Guido's request, I've carried out the same update to the IDLE
distributed with Python 2.7 that I submitted for Python 3, to
incorporate the work of Guilherme Polo in the Google Summer of Code
2009. Guido was concerned that with significant problems reported for
IDLE 2.7, there should be an update despite Python 2.7 itself being
essentially frozen. The basic structure for IDLE 3.2 was carried over.
The main changes that had to be made to the Polo code were the change
in module names between Python 2.7 and Python 3.2 (e.g. Tkinter in 2.7
is tkinter in 3.2). The patch was built from the release27-maint
branch. Issue 10137 should now be listed as a duplicate.

Bruce Sherwood

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Bruce Sherwood wrote:

> As was suggested by Ned Deily, I've added this to Issue 10079 at
> bugs.python.org:
>
> At Guido's request, I've carried out the same update to the IDLE
> distributed with Python 2.7 that I submitted for Python 3, to
> incorporate the work of Guilherme Polo in the Google Summer of Code
> 2009. Guido was concerned that with significant problems reported for
> IDLE 2.7, there should be an update despite Python 2.7 itself being
> essentially frozen. The basic structure for IDLE 3.2 was carried over.
> The main changes that had to be made to the Polo code were the change
> in module names between Python 2.7 and Python 3.2 (e.g. Tkinter in 2.7
> is tkinter in 3.2). The patch was built from the release27-maint
> branch. Issue 10137 should now be listed as a duplicate.

Thanks Bruce :)

- Tal Einat
12