Support for Devnagari Script - problem finally solved

Support for Devnagari Script - problem finally solved

poudyal
Hi all,
continuing with my own post dated Sept. 8, 2006.
I finally got back to the issue with Devanagari rendering in IDLE under Windows 2000 and found that the problem was because I had not set up Indic languages support under win2k.  After I did that, Devanagari was rendered accurately in IDLE.

What threw  me was that IE did render it correctly even before Indic languages were not explicitly enabled in win2k.  (However, Firefox only rendered correctly after Indic languages were enabled.)  So IE does something that other programs expect the OS to do?  I don't know enough to say what the preferred way is.

Anyhow, my problem is solved.  Thanks to John Machin and Andy Robinson for their help.

vjktm