TDD / Django / Selenium workshop - any interest in a part 2?

TDD / Django / Selenium workshop - any interest in a part 2?

Harry Percival
Hi All,

So I've finished digesting the lessons from the workshop last month,
and re-writing my tutorials appropriately.  It seems I wasn't
traumatised enough by the first one, so I'm keen to do a follow-up!

So, would anyone be interested in doing a part 2?  topics will include:
- urls, views and templates in django
- unit testing with the Django Test Client
- some testing philosophy:  what to test, what not to test
- (if time) testing javascript

And (aside from John in the Midlands) would anyone be interested in
re-doing a part 1?

For anyone that doesn't remember the general idea, it's essentially
going through the official Django tutorial, but with full TDD,
including Selenium.  So it's pitched at TDD beginners, can accomodate
Django beginners, but is probably a bit too low-level for experienced
TTD'ers or Selenium users. Materials and blog here:
http://harry.pythonanywhere.com

cheers all,
Harry

Re: TDD / Django / Selenium workshop - any interest in a part 2?

Alistair Broomhead

I for one would be very interested, where would this be held?

> So I've finished digesting the lessons from the workshop last month,
> and re-writing my tutorials appropriately.  It seems I wasn't
> traumatised enough by the first one, so I'm keen to do a follow-up!
>
> So, would anyone be interested in doing a part 2?  topics will include:
> - urls, views and templates in django
> - unit testing with the Django Test Client
> - some testing philosophy:  what to test, what not to test
> - (if time) testing javascript
>

> And (aside from John in the Midlands) would anyone be interested in
> re-doing a part 1?
>
> For anyone that doesn't remember the general idea, it's essentially
> going through the official Django tutorial, but with full TDD,
> including Selenium.  So it's pitched at TDD beginners, can accomodate
> Django beginners, but is probably a bit too low-level for experienced
> TTD'ers or Selenium users. Materials and blog here:
> http://harry.pythonanywhere.com
>
> cheers all,
> Harry

Re: TDD / Django / Selenium workshop - any interest in a part 2?

Alfredo Aguirre
I'd be interested as well!

On 8 Dec 2011, at 09:19, Simon Hayward wrote:

> Two of us here are interested. Very much enjoyed the first one.
>
> Simon.
> On Dec 7, 2011 2:58 PM, "Harry Percival" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So I've finished digesting the lessons from the workshop last month,
> and re-writing my tutorials appropriately.  It seems I wasn't
> traumatised enough by the first one, so I'm keen to do a follow-up!
>
> So, would anyone be interested in doing a part 2?  topics will include:
> - urls, views and templates in django
> - unit testing with the Django Test Client
> - some testing philosophy:  what to test, what not to test
> - (if time) testing javascript
>

> And (aside from John in the Midlands) would anyone be interested in
> re-doing a part 1?
>
> For anyone that doesn't remember the general idea, it's essentially
> going through the official Django tutorial, but with full TDD,
> including Selenium.  So it's pitched at TDD beginners, can accomodate
> Django beginners, but is probably a bit too low-level for experienced
> TTD'ers or Selenium users. Materials and blog here:
> http://harry.pythonanywhere.com
>
> cheers all,
> Harry

Re: TDD / Django / Selenium workshop - any interest in a part 2?

Tim Golden-4
On 07/12/2011 14:57, Harry Percival wrote:
> And (aside from John in the Midlands) would anyone be interested in
> re-doing a part 1?

I would -- I couldn't make the original date.

TJG