Tags and Sidebar

Tyler Rusk
Hello all,
I am new to pyblosxom, but hope to use it for at least 2 of my blogs once I get everything configured to my liking. One thing I feel like I can't live without is tagging. I followed the documentation and got tags(ex. weather) to show up on the bottom of my post, but when I clicked on them I was taken to a blank page url//blog/tag/weather. Any clue what I have to do to make it show up? I am using static rendering and version 1.5.2.

I also want to have a sidebar. I figure this can be done with a div or a table. Any guidance on where to put the div/table?

Thanks in advance!
- Tyler

Re: Tags and Sidebar

will kahn-greene
Earlier this month, I switched my blog over from CGI rendering to static
rendering. In the process of doing that, I fixed the tags and paginate
plugins to work with static rendering and fixed some other minor issues.

You'll need to use pyblosxom from git master tip for that

On 10/23/2012 01:31 PM, Tyler Rusk wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am new to pyblosxom, but hope to use it for at least 2 of my blogs
> once I get everything configured to my liking. One thing I feel like I
> can't live without is tagging. I followed the documentation and got
> tags(ex. weather) to show up on the bottom of my post, but when I
> clicked on them I was taken to a blank page url//blog/tag/weather. Any
> clue what I have to do to make it show up? I am using static rendering
> and version 1.5.2.
>
> I also want to have a sidebar. I figure this can be done with a div or a
> table. Any guidance on where to put the div/table?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> - Tyler

Re: Tags and Sidebar

Akai
Tyler,

Welcome :-)
Since Will answered the first question, I'll get the 2nd:

You can take a look at how to make a flavour by looking at the flavour
registry here - http://pyblosxom.github.com/registry/flavours/ (many of
them not exactly updated to the latest PyBlosxom, but some have sidebars
so you can see how they did it.)
and checking out the flavour  documentation at
http://pyblosxom.github.com/1.5/flavours_and_templates.html

-Akai