Quantcast

Talk voting is now open

info-1858

We are pleased to announce that the community talk voting is now open, and will last until Sunday, 23:59:59 CEST

As you know, EuroPython is a conference made by the Python community for the Python community. This is the basic principle that we respect and that makes us believe that the best way to select and filter the 200+ proposals we received is through a public voting process.

We feel that the Python community is nowadays so diverse and rich that a small group of organizers cannot fully represent it in choosing the talks. At the same time, we want to make sure that only actual EuroPython participants will be able to select the talks to prevent abuses, and this is why we will give access to talk voting only to people that buy a ticket.

A few suggestions on voting

With over 200 proposals among talks, trainings, and posters, voting will take some time.

Make sure to take your time to analyze the proposals and express your preference. We offer several different filters to help you wade through the proposals, including a complete tag taxonomy that has been manually reviewed and refined by our talk manager Lorenzo.

If you have some questions on a proposal, you will be abel to leave a comment to the speaker: he/she will receive it in the mailbox and will hopefully answer you and clarify the abstract for everybody else.

Happy voting!

Re: Talk voting is now open

M.-A. Lemburg
[hidden email] wrote:

> We are pleased to announce that the [community talk
> voting](https://ep2012.europython.eu/talk-voting) is now open, and will last
> until Sunday, 23:59:59 CEST
>
> As you know, EuroPython is a conference made _by_ the Python community _for_
> the Python community. This is the basic principle that we respect and that
> makes us believe that the best way to select and filter the 200+ proposals we
> received is through a public voting process.
>
> We feel that the Python community is nowadays so diverse and rich that a small
> group of organizers cannot fully represent it in choosing the talks. At the
> same time, we want to make sure that only actual EuroPython participants will
> be able to select the talks to prevent abuses, and this is why we will give
> access to talk voting only to people that [buy a
> ticket](https://ep2012.europython.eu/registration).
>
> ## A few suggestions on voting
>
> With over 200 proposals among talks,
> [trainings](https://ep2012.europython.eu/trainings), and
> [posters](https://ep2012.europython.eu/poster-session), voting will take some
> time.
>
> Make sure to take your time to analyze the proposals and express your
> preference. We offer several different filters to help you wade through the
> proposals, including a complete tag taxonomy that has been manually reviewed
> and refined by our talk manager Lorenzo.
>
> If you have some questions on a proposal, you will be abel to leave a comment
> to the speaker: he/she will receive it in the mailbox and will hopefully
> answer you and clarify the abstract for everybody else.

Thanks for the announcement and congratulations for attracting more
then 200+ talk proposals.

One question: Can you give a rough idea of how many talk slots are
available for the EuroPython 2012 conference ?

I've just gone through the list and there are so many interesting
talks, that you could easily fill two conference weeks :-)

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 26 2012)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
2012-04-03: Python Meeting Duesseldorf                      8 days to go

   eGenix.com Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48
               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

Re: Talk voting is now open

Giovanni Bajo-2
Il giorno 26/mar/2012, alle ore 12:24, M.-A. Lemburg ha scritto:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> We are pleased to announce that the [community talk
>> voting](https://ep2012.europython.eu/talk-voting) is now open, and will last
>> until Sunday, 23:59:59 CEST
>>
>> As you know, EuroPython is a conference made _by_ the Python community _for_
>> the Python community. This is the basic principle that we respect and that
>> makes us believe that the best way to select and filter the 200+ proposals we
>> received is through a public voting process.
>>
>> We feel that the Python community is nowadays so diverse and rich that a small
>> group of organizers cannot fully represent it in choosing the talks. At the
>> same time, we want to make sure that only actual EuroPython participants will
>> be able to select the talks to prevent abuses, and this is why we will give
>> access to talk voting only to people that [buy a
>> ticket](https://ep2012.europython.eu/registration).
>>
>> ## A few suggestions on voting
>>
>> With over 200 proposals among talks,
>> [trainings](https://ep2012.europython.eu/trainings), and
>> [posters](https://ep2012.europython.eu/poster-session), voting will take some
>> time.
>>
>> Make sure to take your time to analyze the proposals and express your
>> preference. We offer several different filters to help you wade through the
>> proposals, including a complete tag taxonomy that has been manually reviewed
>> and refined by our talk manager Lorenzo.
>>
>> If you have some questions on a proposal, you will be abel to leave a comment
>> to the speaker: he/she will receive it in the mailbox and will hopefully
>> answer you and clarify the abstract for everybody else.
>
> Thanks for the announcement and congratulations for attracting more
> then 200+ talk proposals.
>
> One question: Can you give a rough idea of how many talk slots are
> available for the EuroPython 2012 conference ?
>
> I've just gone through the list and there are so many interesting
> talks, that you could easily fill two conference weeks :-)

We should have room for roughly 110 talks, 10 trainings and 10 posters. This is an estimate though.
--
Giovanni Bajo

EuroPython 2012
https://ep2012.europython.eu

Python Italia APS
Non-profit association
Registered in Italy

Re: Talk voting is now open

M.-A. Lemburg
Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> Il giorno 26/mar/2012, alle ore 12:24, M.-A. Lemburg ha scritto:
>
>> Thanks for the announcement and congratulations for attracting more
>> then 200+ talk proposals.
>>
>> One question: Can you give a rough idea of how many talk slots are
>> available for the EuroPython 2012 conference ?
>>
>> I've just gone through the list and there are so many interesting
>> talks, that you could easily fill two conference weeks :-)
>

> We should have room for roughly 110 talks, 10 trainings and 10 posters. This is an estimate though.

Thanks for the numbers, Giovanni.