Tkinter for Python 3.2.2 on Ubuntu

MusicKev

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a version of Tkinter that I can install on a Ubuntu system? I am trying to get IDLE to work on this system using python 3.2.2 but it is complaining that I need Tkinter for it to run.

I have it working on Mac and Windows 7 but I can’t figure this out on my Ubuntu system. I do see a version for Python 2.x…

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: Tkinter for Python 3.2.2 on Ubuntu

Wayne Werner
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Kevin Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a version of Tkinter that I can install on a Ubuntu system? I am trying to get IDLE to work on this system using python 3.2.2 but it is complaining that I need Tkinter for it to run.

I have it working on Mac and Windows 7 but I can’t figure this out on my Ubuntu system. I do see a version for Python 2.x

I believe you want the python3-tk package:

You should be able to simply do

$ sudo apt-get install python3-tk

Presuming of course that you have the right repositories enabled.

HTH,
Wayne