Too many signals fired, cause a stack overflow

Too many signals fired, cause a stack overflow

kristof.mulier
Dear PyQt users,

I 'm struggeling with a very difficult problem. I've noticed that firing too many signals in a short timespan cause a stack overflow error. Not the "stackOverflow" as in the website name, but a real stack overflow error. Therefore, I've posted the issue on StackOverflow (pun intended). You can find it here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50841486/pyqt5-too-many-signals-fired-in-short-timespan-causes-a-stack-overflow

All help is greatly appreciated.

Kind greetings,

Kristof Mulier

Re: Too many signals fired, cause a stack overflow

Cody Scott-2
On Windows it closed the program and returned to the command line. Windows 10. Python 3.7.0 64-bit PyQt5==5.11.3

I got to 153 before the application closed.

File 'file_153' emits the 'refresh()' signal from <_DummyThread(Dummy-1, started daemon 4556)>