Trouble compiling simple python

cd_rasmussen@yahoo.com

I'm trying to create a stand alone java program from a python program? Some of the instructions I've found on the web have been conflicting.

Can someone on this list point to a set of instructions that should work with a current release of jython?
My installed versions are listed below but I will install what ever is known to work.

Python: 2.7.3
Jython: 2.5.3
Java: 1.7.0

All responses greatly appreciated,