Trouble with sqlite

Mickey Mouse

I am beginner with Django and I'm using PyCharm IDE. I was watching a tutorial following along when I noticed my sqlite file that comes with Django had a question mark next to it (the guy in the video didnt have that). So I clicked it and it prompted me to associate my sqlite file with a certain file type. To experiment I selected the python(.py) file type. Now when I open up I get an error with corrupt code (or at least that's how it looks to me. The error is "File was loaded in the wrong encoding: 'UTF-8.'

When I click on that error message I am able to select from dozens of different encodings. I'm assuming that's the issue but I don't know for sure. Does anybody have a solution to this issue. Thanks.

Re: Trouble with sqlite

Daniel Hepper-2
The SQLite file does not contain any Python code, it contains the database. It is stored in a binary format which you can't look at with a text editor.

You will need a special program to look at the contents of this file, a quick Google search brings upĀ https://sqlitebrowser.org/

Hope that helps,
Daniel