[Tutor] Blum blum shub pseudorandom generator

[Tutor] Blum blum shub pseudorandom generator

nivedita datta
Hi,

Can anyone send me a working code of BBS pseudorandom number generator.

Regards,
Nivedita

Re: [Tutor] Blum blum shub pseudorandom generator

Alan Gauld
On 05/03/12 06:24, nivedita datta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone send me a working code of BBS pseudorandom number generator.

This list is for people learning the Python programming language.
You might get lucky and someone has this code but you're far more likely
to find somebody by posting on a more specific forum,
or even on the main python usenet list at comp.lang.python.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site

Re: [Tutor] Blum blum shub pseudorandom generator

Steven D'Aprano-8
nivedita datta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone send me a working code of BBS pseudorandom number generator.

I'll do even better than send you working code for BBS -- I'll send you a link
to how you can find working code for nearly ANYTHING!

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=download+%22blum+blum+shub%22&b=

When you have a question about learning Python, please come back and we'll be
happy to help you.

--
Steven

Re: [Tutor] Blum blum shub pseudorandom generator

wprins
Nivedita

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I'll do even better than send you working code for BBS -- I'll send you a
> link to how you can find working code for nearly ANYTHING!
>
> https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=download+%22blum+blum+shub%22&b=

I'd like to just add to Steven's response and point out that there's
actually even a python BBS implementation available as well if you
include python in the search terms:
https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=python+%22blum+blum+shub%22&b=

(... darn but these seach engine thingies are clever eh?  Might be an
idea to try them first next time prior to posting.)

Walter