[Tutor] How to start with Glade.

Ganesh Kumar-13
Hi Guys,

I am new to GUI, I know little bit python, But I do know, How to start with Glade
and how to combine with .glade file to python. please guide me..

-Ganesh

Re: [Tutor] How to start with Glade.

Timo List
Op 05-03-12 10:31, Ganesh Kumar schreef:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am new to GUI, I know little bit python, But I do know, How to start
> with Glade
> and how to combine with .glade file to python. please guide me..
This is more of a question for the PyGTK mailing list.

This is the bare minimum you need:
import gtk

builder = gtk.Builder()
builder.add_from_file("mywindow.ui")
gtk.main()

Ofcourse, alot more can/needs to be done, like connecting signals. You
should have a google session for "pygtk glade" or something similar and
plenty of good tutorials and blogposts will show up that will explain
these things.

Timo