[Tutor] New to this list ....

Cranky Frankie
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:04:09 +0100
Barry Drake <[hidden email]> wrote:

<< I'm getting a Raspberry-pi for our local Junior school and am
starting to learn Python so I can show the year five and year six kids
how to write simple games.>>

Here's what you need - he starts simple and winds up with some nice games:

http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-Edition/dp/1435455002/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1333131438&sr=8-6

--
Frank L. "Cranky Frankie" Palmeri
Risible Riding Raconteur & Writer

Re: [Tutor] New to this list ....

Barry Drake-2
On 30/03/12 19:18, Cranky Frankie wrote:
> Here's what you need - he starts simple and winds up with some nice games:
> http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-Edition/dp/1435455002/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1333131438&sr=8-6

Wow!  I found an e-book copy online and got it.  Looks good!  I've
looked at 'Snake Wrangling for Kids'.  Informative, but the example code
is not going to inspire kids.  Al Sweigarts two e-books are a bit
better, but I think I'm going to get more mileage from the above.  Thanks.

Kind regards,        Barry.

--
 From Barry Drake - a member of the Ubuntu advertising team.

Re: [Tutor] New to this list ....

Emile van Sebille
On 3/30/2012 2:41 PM Barry Drake said...
> On 30/03/12 19:18, Cranky Frankie wrote:
>> Here's what you need - he starts simple and winds up with some nice
>> games:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-Edition/dp/1435455002/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1333131438&sr=8-6

If you haven't already found reference to it, you might also find pygame
interesting.

http://pygame.org/docs/tut/newbieguide.html