Quantcast

[Tutor] Pygame installation problems

Osemeka Osuagwu
Hi,
I started learning Python recently, having only very little programming experience. I installed Pygame and tried using

>import pygame

to test the installation and got the following error in return;

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pygame

Please does this mean I didn't install pygame correctly?
How do I get it to work.

Thanks,

eMeka.

--
We have enough for our need but not enough for our greed.

Re: [Tutor] Pygame installation problems

Russell Smith-10
I would google 'pygame download' and look at the first hit. You are right to add the import but you need to download the files still.

On Friday, April 27, 2012, Osemeka Osuagwu wrote:
Hi,
I started learning Python recently, having only very little programming experience. I installed Pygame and tried using

>import pygame

to test the installation and got the following error in return;

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pygame

Please does this mean I didn't install pygame correctly?
How do I get it to work.

Thanks,

eMeka.

--
We have enough for our need but not enough for our greed.

Re: [Tutor] Pygame installation problems

Steven D'Aprano-8
Osemeka Osuagwu wrote:
> Hi,
> I started learning Python recently, having only very little programming
> experience. I installed Pygame and tried using

How did you install it?

What operating system are you using?

>> import pygame
>
> to test the installation and got the following error in return;
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named pygame
>
> Please does this mean I didn't install pygame correctly?

Yes.

--
Steven

Re: [Tutor] Pygame installation problems

mjoll
I too am having the same problems.... i have fc17 and i use yum install pygame to install it!!