[Tutor] disutils

Ejaj Hassan
Hi,
  I was just going through a book on python and came across this
'disutils'. Can somebody explained to me about this.
Regards,
Ejaj

Re: [Tutor] disutils

Alan Gauld
On 08/03/12 23:49, Ejaj Hassan wrote:
>    I was just going through a book on python and came across this
> 'disutils'. Can somebody explained to me about this.

I assume you mean distutils? If so here is the official help description:

----------------
DESCRIPTION
     The main package for the Python Module Distribution Utilities.

Normally used from a setup script as

        from distutils.core import setup

        setup (...)
-------------------

So it's a set of tools for distributing your finished code
modules so that other people can easily install them on
their computer.

Now, what else do you need to know?
The more specific the question the more specific the answer...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site

Re: [Tutor] disutils

Dave Angel-3
On 03/08/2012 06:49 PM, Ejaj Hassan wrote:
> Hi,
>    I was just going through a book on python and came across this
> 'disutils'. Can somebody explained to me about this.
> Regards,
> Ejaj
Without mentioning the book, how are we supposed to guess what disutils
is?  Or perhaps you meant distutils?

If so, check out this link:

http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/distutils-sig/

and start a new thread there, or here, with the correct spelling.

--

DaveA