Update roundup

Akai
Hi,

It's been a pretty tumultuous year both for me and PyBlosxom.

I've spent a lot of this time getting used to the codebase, which was
frankly somewhat intimidating to someone new to the project, which I was
when I first joined a year ago.

On the Pyblosxom front, Although we haven't had a super-large amount of
updates, We did get some bugs squashed and began a new repo for external
plugins, which I hope will eventually lead to plugins being more updated
and accessible

Markus Koschany (https://launchpad.net/~apoleon) has been working on the
Debian repo to finally get our package there updated for the next
release. (If you are on this list, Thank you!)

We made the move over to GitHub will all our stuff and the documentation
has been updated to reflect it

I'm happy to note it looks like we got a few new installs and a few new
faces appeared on IRC

We also now have a shiny new repo for themes - I've uploaded an updated
version of MainlyGreen to get started with, which has been updated for
the latest PyBlosxom and optimized for pagnate and the comments plugin.

If anyone would like to submit cool themes, tested and converted or not,
I'd be happy to test and update them.

Creating point release

Akai
Hi,

How many of you are using the latest version from git?
I think it might be time to make a point release, and then move to
adding new features such as the integration of the theme repos, Jinja2,
etc..

-Akai

Re: Creating point release

will kahn-greene
I'm actually using my fork. It's like the official master tip, but has a
correct version and possibly some other things.

/will

On 07/18/2013 05:46 PM, Akai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How many of you are using the latest version from git?
> I think it might be time to make a point release, and then move to
> adding new features such as the integration of the theme repos, Jinja2,
> etc..
>
> -Akai

Re: Creating point release

Akai
Anything worth pulling into the core, or just personal modifications?

On 7/19/2013 2:37 AM, will kahn-greene wrote:

> I'm actually using my fork. It's like the official master tip, but has a
> correct version and possibly some other things.
>
> /will
>

> On 07/18/2013 05:46 PM, Akai wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How many of you are using the latest version from git?
>> I think it might be time to make a point release, and then move to
>> adding new features such as the integration of the theme repos, Jinja2,
>> etc..
>>
>> -Akai

Re: [Pyblosxom-devel] Creating point release

Janis Kracht
Akai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How many of you are using the latest version from git?
> I think it might be time to make a point release, and then move to
> adding new features such as the integration of the theme repos, Jinja2,
> etc..
>
> -Akai

I haven't upgraded yet.. It's been very busy since we moved. I'll see if
I can grab the lastest release today <grin>

Ok, just downloaded pyblosxom-1.5.2.tar.gz :)

Thanks Akai, appreciate your time in this.

Take care,
Janis

Version 1.5.3 has been released

Akai
Hi Everyone -

Version 1.5.3 has been released!
You can get it the normal way:
via the download page here: http://pyblosxom.github.io/download/
or via pip: pip install pyblosxom

Feel free to comment on anything. It's been a while since our last
release - Let me know what you like, what you hate and if anything broke.
I'm moving from here to adding in the Jinja2 plugin and getting more
themes and plugins together to hopefully improve the ease of getting started

Have a great day!

Re: [Pyblosxom-devel] Version 1.5.3 has been released

Hauke Fath
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 04:37:46 +0300, Akai wrote:
> Version 1.5.3 has been released!

Thanks!

I updated the pkgsrc www/py-blosxom package.

Cheerio,
hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <[hidden email]>
Ernst-Ludwig-Stra├če 15

Re: Site redesign deployed

Akai
Hi everyone -

The new site is deployed!
Besides modernizing the look a little, the new site's goal is to make it
easier to find things, make changes, and keep track of the existing content.
The new design also makes it easier to make visible micro-updates (such
as tweets) for things that aren't HUGE issues, but should be visible.

The old site is great and I'd like the new one to be at least as good,
if not amazingly better - so let me know if you catch any issues or
think any changes should be made  (or feel free to do a github pull
request to that page. Its all static HTML as of right now, except for
the plugins/flavours)

I have many more changes to make, which will hopefully improve PyBlosxom
as well.

The site is available at our normal URL http://pyblosxom.github.io/

Yours,

-Akai

Re: Site redesign deployed

Dieter Plaetinck
cool website.
also i like the more git-focused approach to the plugins and themes repo.

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 21:51:49 +0300
Akai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone -
>
> The new site is deployed!
> Besides modernizing the look a little, the new site's goal is to make it
> easier to find things, make changes, and keep track of the existing content.
> The new design also makes it easier to make visible micro-updates (such
> as tweets) for things that aren't HUGE issues, but should be visible.
>
> The old site is great and I'd like the new one to be at least as good,
> if not amazingly better - so let me know if you catch any issues or
> think any changes should be made  (or feel free to do a github pull
> request to that page. Its all static HTML as of right now, except for
> the plugins/flavours)
>
> I have many more changes to make, which will hopefully improve PyBlosxom
> as well.
>
> The site is available at our normal URL http://pyblosxom.github.io/
>
> Yours,
>
> -Akai

Re: Site redesign deployed

Akai
Thanks!
I'm hoping to have as much as I can (plugins and flavours) in the git
repo as soon as I can rework them for maximal compatibility with the
latest pyblosxom)