Using Django to generate static websites

Using Django to generate static websites

Bugzilla from morten@nidelven-it.no
Hi.

I'm looking into static site generators written in Python, and django was suggested.

Is there a way to generate a website with 5 pages, which has a good base design, is accessible, responsive and doesn't bog down the browser on a low-end smartphone? Without much work.

I also posted about this on the main Python mailing list, here:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2019-August/742054.html

-Morten

Re: Using Django to generate static websites

Mike Dewhirst-3
On 14/08/2019 11:15 pm, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm looking into static site generators written in Python, and django was suggested.
>
> Is there a way to generate a website with 5 pages, which has a good base design, is accessible, responsive and doesn't bog down the browser on a low-end smartphone? Without much work.

How static? Sounds like you want to simply generate html and css and
perhaps insert some content and imagery.  Django is for dynamic websites
which require a database and which respond to user interaction and which
can scale to heavy duty.

Maybe a CMS? There are a few of those based on Django. See here ...
https://djangopackages.org/grids/