Using PyAMF with Flash Builder 4 Data Driven Development Tools?

Using PyAMF with Flash Builder 4 Data Driven Development Tools?

Erik Wickstrom
Hi All,

I just got my hands on Flash Builder 4.  I'm excited to put some of the new tools for Data Driven Applications into play.  Has anyone had any luck using these web service introspection tools (such as "Connect to Data/Service") with pyAMF?  It seems that they are tailored toward BlazeDS/LCDS/PHP based web services.  Is there maybe a way to have pyAMF generate a WSDL that Flash Builder can introspect?

Erik

Re: Using PyAMF with Flash Builder 4 Data Driven Development Tools?

Nick Joyce
On 13 May 2010, at 06:02, Erik Wickstrom wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just got my hands on Flash Builder 4.  I'm excited to put some of the new tools for Data Driven Applications into play.  Has anyone had any luck using these web service introspection tools (such as "Connect to Data/Service") with pyAMF?  It seems that they are tailored toward BlazeDS/LCDS/PHP based web services.  Is there maybe a way to have pyAMF generate a WSDL that Flash Builder can introspect?
>
> Erik

Hey,

It seems likely that PyAMF would fit in easily into the 'PHP' category, so if we can determine what is being exchanged (I don't have Flash Builder myself) then this is something that would be awesome to include.

I've grepped google a bit and not come up with much - can you shed any light on this?

Cheers,

Nick

Re: Using PyAMF with Flash Builder 4 Data Driven Development Tools?

Radhakrishna Bhat
Hi Erik, Nick,

Flash Builder 4 exposes "Data Centric Development" eclipse extension points. So anyone interested in developing another remoting support should extend from it. Check out http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/flashbuilder_extensibility/ for more information. PyAMF should already be able to support this.

-Radhakrishna