Quantcast

Using a managed private DLL in python for .NET‏

Using a managed private DLL in python for .NET‏

Jorn Vanloofsvelt
Dear Brian

My question is very short, and I hope that the answer is simple but I have not been able to find an answer on the web.

I am using python for .NET, I want to use a private managed DLL. My code looks as follows:

import clr
from clr import System

clr.AddReference("OneWireAPI")

That works, however I am unable to get the namespace or its classes. How am I supposed to do this?
I figured "from clr import namespace", but that didn't work. I have also tried Assembly.LoadFromFile()

Here is an example of usage of this DLL:
http://files.maxim-ic.com/sia_bu/softdev/owdocs_400beta2/Docs/OW.NET/OW.NET_Primer.html

Greetings
Jorn

Re: Using a managed private DLL in python for .NET‏

Brian Lloyd-3
What is the top level namespace exported by that assembly? Assuming it was 'OneWire' you
should be able to do:

import clr
clr.addReference("OneWireAPI")
import OneWire

Hope this helps!

- Brian

2012/4/4 Jorn Vanloofsvelt <[hidden email]>
Dear Brian

My question is very short, and I hope that the answer is simple but I have not been able to find an answer on the web.

I am using python for .NET, I want to use a private managed DLL. My code looks as follows:

import clr
from clr import System

clr.AddReference("OneWireAPI")

That works, however I am unable to get the namespace or its classes. How am I supposed to do this?
I figured "from clr import namespace", but that didn't work. I have also tried Assembly.LoadFromFile()

Here is an example of usage of this DLL:
http://files.maxim-ic.com/sia_bu/softdev/owdocs_400beta2/Docs/OW.NET/OW.NET_Primer.html

Greetings
Jorn

Brian Lloyd
[hidden email]
(c) 540.845.2975

Re: Using a managed private DLL in python for .NET‏

Barton
import clr
clr.AddReference("OneWireAPI")
import OneWireAPI as OW
# Now you may access the classes, etc on the library
# Have fun with that!

NOTE: I haven't tried this.
# OneWireContainer enumeration
for owc in OW.getAllDeviceContainers():