Using a plugin included in the core distribution

Using a plugin included in the core distribution

Mario Fernández
Hi,

I'm trying to port an old blog to the new version of PyBlosxom, namely the last snapshot from the git repository.

I want to include some plugins that are in the core distribution, like pyfilenamemtime and comments. I've put them in the load_plugins variable, but they weren't loading. After some investigation, I've fixed it by adding the dir where the plugin is to 'plugin_dirs', something like py['plugin_dirs'] = [os.path.join(blogdir, 'pyblosxom', 'plugins', 'date')]. I find this strange. Shouldn't the plugins that are part of the core package be available per default for importing? Am I doing something wrong?

On a related note, I think that when plugins cannot be loaded there should be some kind of logging, as it makes the problem difficult to debug otherwise.

Cheers,
Mario

Re: Using a plugin included in the core distribution

will kahn-greene
Hi!

You're not doing anything wrong.  The core plugins are meant to be
copied into your plugins dir.  There's an issue in the tracker for
looking into ways to change this and make it easier without creating
problematic edge cases.

Regarding logging errors when plugins cannot be loaded, did you run
"pyblosxom-cmd test" after setting things up?

/will

On 08/06/2011 02:04 PM, Mario Fernández wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to port an old blog to the new version of PyBlosxom, namely the last snapshot from the git repository.
>
> I want to include some plugins that are in the core distribution, like pyfilenamemtime and comments. I've put them in the load_plugins variable, but they weren't loading. After some investigation, I've fixed it by adding the dir where the plugin is to 'plugin_dirs', something like py['plugin_dirs'] = [os.path.join(blogdir, 'pyblosxom', 'plugins', 'date')]. I find this strange. Shouldn't the plugins that are part of the core package be available per default for importing? Am I doing something wrong?
>
> On a related note, I think that when plugins cannot be loaded there should be some kind of logging, as it makes the problem difficult to debug otherwise.
>
> Cheers,
> Mario

Re: Using a plugin included in the core distribution

Mario Fernández
I (re)discovered the cmd command after sending the email. As for the issue, I've suggested another possible solution in the tracker.