Version?

Skip Montanaro-3
I have a branch.  According to bzr diff it's identical to lp:python-mode

    python-mode% bzr diff http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~python-mode-devs/python-mode/python-mode/python-mode.el python-mode.el
    python-mode%

yet the version in my copy of the code is not 5.2.0:

    (defconst py-version "5.0.0+"
      "`python-mode' version number.")

and the copyright/author info doesn't seem up-to-date:

    ;; Copyright (C) 1992,1993,1994  Tim Peters

    ;; Author: 2003-2008 https://launchpad.net/python-mode
    ;;         1995-2002 Barry A. Warsaw
    ;;         1992-1994 Tim Peters
    ;; Maintainer: [hidden email]
    ;; Created:    Feb 1992

What am I missing?

Skip

Re: Version?

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 17.01.2011 13:53, schrieb [hidden email]:
> I have a branch.  According to bzr diff it's identical to lp:python-mode
>
>      python-mode% bzr diff http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~python-mode-devs/python-mode/python-mode/python-mode.el python-mode.el
>      python-mode%

Seems bazaar diff fails here.

bzr branch lp:python-mode

should deliver the trunk

Later do

bzr pull

from inside the dir to update your local from the trunk

Should avoid also the compile error reported in your other mail.

HTH

Andreas

> yet the version in my copy of the code is not 5.2.0:
>
>      (defconst py-version "5.0.0+"
>        "`python-mode' version number.")
>
> and the copyright/author info doesn't seem up-to-date:
>
>      ;; Copyright (C) 1992,1993,1994  Tim Peters
>
>      ;; Author: 2003-2008 https://launchpad.net/python-mode
>      ;;         1995-2002 Barry A. Warsaw
>      ;;         1992-1994 Tim Peters
>      ;; Maintainer: [hidden email]
>      ;; Created:    Feb 1992
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Skip

Re: Version?

Skip Montanaro-3

    Andreas> Seems bazaar diff fails here.

    Andreas> bzr branch lp:python-mode

    Andreas> should deliver the trunk

I'm inside my python-mode sandbox:

    % bzr branch lp:python-mode
    Branched 390 revision(s).
    python-mode% bzr status
    unknown:
      python-mode/
      python-mode.elc

It creates a whole other tree.  I don't want an explosion of sandboxes.
Can't I switch between different branches somehow?

This is perhaps a small point for this, because I can actually get away with
deleting my stuff completely and switching to lp:python-mode.  For more
complex projects though, I should be able to switch between branches.  I
want the equivalent of the cvs and svn commands

    cvs up -r some-other-branch
    svn up -r some-other-branch

Is this not possible with bazaar?

Skip

Re: Version?

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 17.01.2011 18:53, schrieb [hidden email]:

>      Andreas>  Seems bazaar diff fails here.
>
>      Andreas>  bzr branch lp:python-mode
>
>      Andreas>  should deliver the trunk
>
> I'm inside my python-mode sandbox:
>
>      % bzr branch lp:python-mode
>      Branched 390 revision(s).
>      python-mode% bzr status
>      unknown:
>        python-mode/
>        python-mode.elc
>
> It creates a whole other tree.  I don't want an explosion of sandboxes.

Looks like you branched a repo in a repo

A solution is to start from some empty place again.

bzr branch lp:python-mode

creates a dir python-mode

> Can't I switch between different branches somehow?

Sure.

Depends what you want to do.

> This is perhaps a small point for this, because I can actually get away with
> deleting my stuff completely and switching to lp:python-mode.  For more
> complex projects though, I should be able to switch between branches.  I
> want the equivalent of the cvs and svn commands
>
>      cvs up -r some-other-branch
>      svn up -r some-other-branch
>
> Is this not possible with bazaar?

with bazaar you may simply copy locally

cp -pur source new

or push a branch at some distant place

bzr push lp:~<you>/python-mode/blah-and-blub