WSGI-1 Warts

David Stanek
Is there a list somewhere of the warts that need to be fixed? I found
some in this list's archive and on various blogs, but I was hoping to
find a more comprehensive grouping of them. This would help in
evaluating PEP 444.

--
David
blog: http://www.traceback.org

Re: WSGI-1 Warts

Alice Bevan–McGregor
On 2011-01-08 06:49:13 -0800, David Stanek said:

> Is there a list somewhere of the warts that need to be fixed? I found
> some in this list's archive and on various blogs, but I was hoping to
> find a more comprehensive grouping of them.

Graham Dumpleton, the author of Apache's mod_wsgi, has blogged
extensively on the subject of WSGI faults.  So far all of the points he
raises are IMHO valid, well described, and he offers solutions for
most, if not all of them.  See:

        http://blog.dscpl.com.au/

Since not every post about WSGI is actually tagged WSGI, it's best just
to hit "older posts" a couple of times and start reading.  ;)
Utilizing RSS will reduce the amount of work that sounds like to a more
manageable level.

        - Alice.

Re: WSGI-1 Warts

David Stanek
On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Alice Bevan–McGregor
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2011-01-08 06:49:13 -0800, David Stanek said:
>
>> Is there a list somewhere of the warts that need to be fixed? I found some
>> in this list's archive and on various blogs, but I was hoping to find a more
>> comprehensive grouping of them.
>
> Graham Dumpleton, the author of Apache's mod_wsgi, has blogged extensively
> on the subject of WSGI faults.  So far all of the points he raises are IMHO
> valid, well described, and he offers solutions for most, if not all of them.
>  See:
>
>        http://blog.dscpl.com.au/
>
> Since not every post about WSGI is actually tagged WSGI, it's best just to
> hit "older posts" a couple of times and start reading.  ;)  Utilizing RSS
> will reduce the amount of work that sounds like to a more manageable level.

I'm going to take some time this weekend to create a consolidated
list. I was hoping to find something like:

Issue: ....
Discussion: http://....
Summary of resolution: ...

On 2011-01-08 07:22:44 -0800, David Stanek said:

> I'm going to take some time this weekend to create a consolidated list.
> I was hoping to find something like:
>
> Issue: ....
> Discussion: http://....
> Summary of resolution: ...

I agree; that would be very, very nice to have, though it might be
helpful (esp. considering the length some of these discussions go to
and the mixing of ideas within single threads) to mirror the message
nesting as a series of nested lists (if doing this in HTML) to more
concisely collect posts vs. pointing to the head of a thread and having
to go through literally everything.  Of course, that's more work, and
should be restricted to threads that are, in fact, scattered or
unfocused.

And that first sentance was waaay too long, indicating that I've now
been up all night.  :(

        - Alice.