Webservices question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Webservices question

Jeroen Bakker-2
Hi,

for a project we are selecting a programming language. We prefer to use
Python, but have some questions about using webservices. We need to call
and implement some services based on a WSDL. Are there modules that can
help us create the base client and server classes? And what are your
experiences with python and webservices?

Thanks,
Rgds,
Jeroen & Monique
  - At Mind -
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Wichert Akkerman

On Apr 22, 2013, at 16:36 , Jeroen Bakker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for a project we are selecting a programming language. We prefer to use Python, but have some questions about using webservices. We need to call and implement some services based on a WSDL. Are there modules that can help us create the base client and server classes? And what are your experiences with python and webservices?

Ik zou op pypi even zoeken naar "soap", dan kom je vanzelf bruikbare dingen tegen: https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=soap&submit=search

Het is jaren geleden dat ik zelf iets met SOAP gedaan heb. De laatste keer dat ik keek was suds de beste SOAP-client om te gebruiken. Ik zou in ieder geval heel ver van zsi blijven.

Wichert.
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Nicolaas Heyning | L1NDA.nl
In reply to this post by Jeroen Bakker-2
He Jeroen,

We've been using SUDS for a while now and si far stukk suits our needs.

Greetings,
Nicolaas


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Jeroen Bakker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

for a project we are selecting a programming language. We prefer to use Python, but have some questions about using webservices. We need to call and implement some services based on a WSDL. Are there modules that can help us create the base client and server classes? And what are your experiences with python and webservices?

Thanks,
Rgds,
Jeroen & Monique
 - At Mind -
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl


_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Monique
Hi Nicolaas,

I thought SUDS was only a SOAP client, correct? We need a client and a server.

Thx!
rgds, Jeroen & Monique



On 4/22/13 5:00 PM, Nicolaas Heyning | L1NDA.nl wrote:
He Jeroen,

We've been using SUDS for a while now and si far stukk suits our needs.

Greetings,
Nicolaas


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Jeroen Bakker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

for a project we are selecting a programming language. We prefer to use Python, but have some questions about using webservices. We need to call and implement some services based on a WSDL. Are there modules that can help us create the base client and server classes? And what are your experiences with python and webservices?

Thanks,
Rgds,
Jeroen & Monique
 - At Mind -
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl



_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl


_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Monique
In reply to this post by Wichert Akkerman
Hi Wichert,

Zou je kunnen toelichten waarom zsi niet zou volstaan?

Thx!
gr,
Jeroen & Monique



On 4/22/13 4:46 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
On Apr 22, 2013, at 16:36 , Jeroen Bakker [hidden email] wrote:

Hi,

for a project we are selecting a programming language. We prefer to use Python, but have some questions about using webservices. We need to call and implement some services based on a WSDL. Are there modules that can help us create the base client and server classes? And what are your experiences with python and webservices?
Ik zou op pypi even zoeken naar "soap", dan kom je vanzelf bruikbare dingen tegen: https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=soap&submit=search

Het is jaren geleden dat ik zelf iets met SOAP gedaan heb. De laatste keer dat ik keek was suds de beste SOAP-client om te gebruiken. Ik zou in ieder geval heel ver van zsi blijven.

Wichert.
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl



_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Nicolaas Heyning | L1NDA.nl
In reply to this post by Monique
For hosting the webservice we use Soaplib. 
Takes some figuring out how to set it up, but it works fine. Has automatic WSDL generation.

Nicolaas


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Monique <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nicolaas,

I thought SUDS was only a SOAP client, correct? We need a client and a server.

Thx!
rgds, Jeroen & Monique



On 4/22/13 5:00 PM, Nicolaas Heyning | L1NDA.nl wrote:
He Jeroen,

We've been using SUDS for a while now and si far stukk suits our needs.

Greetings,
Nicolaas


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Jeroen Bakker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

for a project we are selecting a programming language. We prefer to use Python, but have some questions about using webservices. We need to call and implement some services based on a WSDL. Are there modules that can help us create the base client and server classes? And what are your experiences with python and webservices?

Thanks,
Rgds,
Jeroen & Monique
 - At Mind -
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl



_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl


_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl



_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Wichert Akkerman
In reply to this post by Monique

On Apr 22, 2013, at 17:19 , Monique <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Wichert,

Zou je kunnen toelichten waarom zsi niet zou volstaan?


Mijn ervaring met zsi destijds (2004 denk ik) waren niet heel positief: het was de beste optie die er toen was, maar de implementatie was ontzettend complex en nieuw waardoor je ontzettend veel moeite moest doen om dingen werkend te krijgen en vaak om zsi heen moest werken.

Wichert.


_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Guido Kollerie-2
In reply to this post by Monique
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Monique <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Monique,

> I thought SUDS was only a SOAP client, correct? We need a client and a
> server.

I suppose you could always try Jython to code against a Java SOAP/WSDL
library if it turns out that non of the Python libraries are a viable
option.

--
Guido
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Jeroen Bakker-2


On 04/22/2013 09:21 PM, Guido Kollerie wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Monique <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Monique,
>
> I suppose you could always try Jython to code against a Java SOAP/WSDL
> library if it turns out that non of the Python libraries are a viable
> option.
Hi Guido,

Thanks for the option, but we think when choosing for Jython, the best
option is to develop it in Java though.
We did a test with soaplib using django and seems to be a good option.
We had some problems matching the right documentation with the right
version.

Rgds,
Jeroen & Monique
  - At Mind -
_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Martijn Faassen-2
In reply to this post by Jeroen Bakker-2
Hoi,

Ik zou eens naar 'ladon' kijken. Ik heb er wel eens iets kleins mee gedaan.

http://ladonize.org/

Dat heeft WSDL support.

Voor een client kun je suds gebruiken, dat is al genoemd.

Ik heb verder voornamelijk ervaring met RESTful web services.

Groeten,

Martijn


_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservices question

Sylvain Viollon
In reply to this post by Nicolaas Heyning | L1NDA.nl

Op 22 apr 2013, om 17:27 heeft Nicolaas Heyning | L1NDA.nl het volgende geschreven:

> For hosting the webservice we use Soaplib.
> Takes some figuring out how to set it up, but it works fine. Has automatic
> WSDL generation.
>
>

  I use SUDS and soaplib too, they work fine and respect the standard. The other
I tested didn't respect the standard at all.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae
t +31 10 243 7051 -- http://infrae.com
Hoevestraat 10 3033GC Rotterdam -- The Netherlands



_______________________________________________
Python-nl mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-nl