Quantcast

Website Update Help

Jeff Hardy-4
Hi,
I'm wondering if there's anyone out there willing to help update the
website, in particular replacing the big "IronPython Tools" banner
with something else. Updating it isn't too hard and I'll offer any
assistance that may be necessary.

- Jeff

Re: Website Update Help

Jimmy Schementi-2
I can do it.

~Jimmy

On Jun 10, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm wondering if there's anyone out there willing to help update the
> website, in particular replacing the big "IronPython Tools" banner
> with something else. Updating it isn't too hard and I'll offer any
> assistance that may be necessary.
>
> - Jeff

Re: Website Update Help

Jeff Hardy-4
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Jimmy Schementi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can do it.

Thanks. Make sure you check my fork to make sure it's in sync with yours.

Any objections to using https://github.com/IronLanguages/iron-websites
as the main fork, and doing all of the updates from there?

- Jeff

> ~Jimmy
>

> On Jun 10, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm wondering if there's anyone out there willing to help update the
>> website, in particular replacing the big "IronPython Tools" banner
>> with something else. Updating it isn't too hard and I'll offer any
>> assistance that may be necessary.
>>
>> - Jeff

Re: Website Update Help

Jimmy Schementi-2
On Jun 10, 2011, at 12:56 PM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Jimmy Schementi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I can do it.
>
> Thanks. Make sure you check my fork to make sure it's in sync with yours.
>
> Any objections to using https://github.com/IronLanguages/iron-websites
> as the main fork, and doing all of the updates from there?

No objections here.

Since our sites are all HTML, might be nice just to use GitHub pages rather than the current GoDaddy hosting, though changing the nameservers through Microsoft will be a pain.

> - Jeff
>

>> ~Jimmy
>>

>> On Jun 10, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm wondering if there's anyone out there willing to help update the
>>> website, in particular replacing the big "IronPython Tools" banner
>>> with something else. Updating it isn't too hard and I'll offer any
>>> assistance that may be necessary.
>>>
>>> - Jeff

Re: Website Update Help

Jeff Hardy-4
> Since our sites are all HTML, might be nice just to use GitHub pages rather than the current GoDaddy hosting, though changing the nameservers through Microsoft will be a pain.

I was considering that as well, but I'm not sure we can have two sets
of pages from one account. I'll poke github and see what our options
are.

I'll also see if there's anyway to transfer the domains from MS. You
might have a better idea of who to ask then I would, though.

- Jeff

Re: Website Update Help

Jimmy Schementi-2
On Jun 10, 2011, at 1:26 PM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Since our sites are all HTML, might be nice just to use GitHub pages rather than the current GoDaddy hosting, though changing the nameservers through Microsoft will be a pain.
>
> I was considering that as well, but I'm not sure we can have two sets
> of pages from one account. I'll poke github and see what our options
> are.

Good point. Thanks for looking into it.

> I'll also see if there's anyway to transfer the domains from MS. You
> might have a better idea of who to ask then I would, though.
>
> - Jeff

Adding Bill ...

Bill, the last thing I want to ask you to do is talk to the domains people, but ... Please?