Welcome the 3.8 and 3.9 Release Manager - Łukasz Langa!

Welcome the 3.8 and 3.9 Release Manager - Łukasz Langa!

Barry Warsaw
As Ned just announced, Python 3.7 is very soon to enter beta 1 and thus feature freeze.  I think we can all give Ned a huge round of applause for his amazing work as Release Manager for Python 3.6 and 3.7.  Let’s also give him all the support he needs to make 3.7 the best version yet.

As is tradition, Python release managers serve for two consecutive releases, and so with the 3.7 release branch about to be made, it’s time to announce our release manager for Python 3.8 and 3.9.

By unanimous and enthusiastic consent from the Python Secret Underground (PSU, which emphatically does not exist), the Python Cabal of Former and Current Release Managers, Cardinal Ximénez, and of course the BDFL, please welcome your next release manager…

Łukasz Langa!

And also, happy 24th anniversary to Guido’s Python 1.0.0 announcement[1].  It’s been a fun and incredible ride, and I firmly believe that Python’s best days are ahead of us.

Enjoy,
-Barry

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/comp.lang.misc/_QUzdEGFwCo/KIFdu0-Dv7sJ

        Support the Python Software Foundation:
        http://www.python.org/psf/donations/

Re: [python-committers] Welcome the 3.8 and 3.9 Release Manager - Łukasz Langa!

Eric Snow-2
On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Barry Warsaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
> please welcome your next release manager…
>
> Łukasz Langa!

Congrats, Łukasz!  (or condolences? <wink>)

-eric