What is the difference between zope.formlib and zope.app.form?

What is the difference between zope.formlib and zope.app.form?

Noe Nieto
Dear cavemen:

What is the difference between zope.formlib and zope.app.form?

--
---
Noe Nieto

Re: What is the difference between zope.formlib and zope.app.form?

Sylvain Viollon

Op 1 nov 2011, om 01:25 heeft Noe Nieto het volgende geschreven:

> Dear cavemen:
>
> What is the difference between zope.formlib and zope.app.form?

   Those are different 'form framework'. By order of age and clumsiness to use:

   - zope.app.form,

   - zope.formlib,

   - z3c.form,

   - zeam.form.

   This is just the ancestor, where the developers saw: "Well maybe I should not doing things
   like that, this is not really useable" (i.e. fill in my use-case). zope.app.form was developed at
   the same time than zope.schema, if I am not wrong.  zope.formlib is the second generation, but still
   uses the widgets of zope.app.form (widgets are annoying to rebuild all the time). In recent version
   of zope.app.form those widgets seems to have moved to zope.formlib actually, since nobody
   wants to have anything to do with this old package.

   Regards,

   Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae
t +31 10 243 7051 -- http://infrae.com

Re: What is the difference between zope.formlib and zope.app.form?

Martijn Faassen-2
On 11/01/2011 01:25 AM, Noe Nieto wrote:
> What is the difference between zope.formlib and zope.app.form?

Besides what Sylvain said, zope.formlib is used by Grok by default.
zope.app.form and zope.formlib used to share some implementations of
widgets: zope.formlib was built on top of zope.app.form. A few years ago
I moved those implementations away from zope.app.form into zope.formlib
however, so now zope.formlib works by itself and zope.app.form can be
forgotten about when using Grok.

Regards,

Martijn