When are we planning to change grok.zope.org to the sphinx site?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

When are we planning to change grok.zope.org to the sphinx site?

Sebastian Ware
Just curious :)

Mvh Sebastian




_______________________________________________
Grok-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/grok-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When are we planning to change grok.zope.org to the sphinx site?

Martijn Faassen-2
On 05/20/2011 11:24 AM, Sebastian Ware wrote:
> Just curious :)

What's required to be done before we can make the switch?

Regards,

Martijn


_______________________________________________
Grok-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/grok-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When are we planning to change grok.zope.org to the sphinx site?

Sebastian Ware
I think we are pretty much set. All howtos have been migrated and most of the tutorials too, the remaining tutorials aren't show stoppers IMHO. I don't know about other Plone features and I don't know what is required to perform the actual migration.

Mvh Sebastian

24 maj 2011 kl. 10.09 skrev Martijn Faassen:

> On 05/20/2011 11:24 AM, Sebastian Ware wrote:
>> Just curious :)
>
> What's required to be done before we can make the switch?
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Grok-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/grok-dev


_______________________________________________
Grok-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/grok-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When are we planning to change grok.zope.org to the sphinx site?

Jan-Jaap Driessen
On 24 May 2011 11:00, Sebastian Ware <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think we are pretty much set. All howtos have been migrated and most of the tutorials too, the remaining tutorials aren't show stoppers IMHO. I don't know about other Plone features and I don't know what is required to perform the actual migration.
>
> Mvh Sebastian
>
> 24 maj 2011 kl. 10.09 skrev Martijn Faassen:
>

Shall we deploy on readthedocs.org? My experiences with
www.fanstatic.org are very good.

Cheers,

Jan-Jaap
_______________________________________________
Grok-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/grok-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When are we planning to change grok.zope.org to the sphinx site?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman-3
Hi,

On 5/24/11 12:13 , Jan-Jaap Driessen wrote:

> On 24 May 2011 11:00, Sebastian Ware<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> I think we are pretty much set. All howtos have been migrated and most of the tutorials too, the remaining tutorials aren't show stoppers IMHO. I don't know about other Plone features and I don't know what is required to perform the actual migration.
>>
>> Mvh Sebastian
>>
>> 24 maj 2011 kl. 10.09 skrev Martijn Faassen:
>>
>
> Shall we deploy on readthedocs.org? My experiences with
> www.fanstatic.org are very good.

Exactly what are we talking about? The way i see it: moving the
__documentation__ ("official" and "community") to something like
readthedocs seems useful to me.

However, if we're talking about the grok.zope.org __website__ I'm not so
sure. I think a website for something like Grok (and actually also for
something like fanstatic) is more than "just" the project's
documentation. It is (or I hope it will be at some point) also the place
to look for aggregated (news)feeds, something like buildbot statuses,
etc.etc.

And this brings me back to Sebastian's original question: when do we
move the grok.zope.org website over to a Sphinx-based setup.

I'm not sure. It requires quite a bit of work. Looking at how much we
had to push people just to convert the plone-based docs to the
sphinx-based equivalent, i feel a bit pessimistic.

Anyway, things I'd like to see brought back in a sphinx-based website
(in no particular order, and not necessarily available at re-launch
time, but hopefully not too long after that):

* news items
* releases information
* (news)feed aggregation
* buildbot-status overviews
* "marketing-speak" pages
* some way for integrating the API-level documentation of the grokcore.*
packages for a particular Grok Toolkit release

BTW, the grok.zope.org server instance itself is becoming a bit long in
the tooth by now. It OS needs an update badly and the machine is not
very fast.

Sorry if I sound grumpy in this mail, but somehow I just *know* we have
a lot of documentation, we "just" need a way to make this much more
visible and attractive.

Actually, Sebastian, thanks for bringing this up. We should move things
forward again! Let's see if i can dedicate a bit of time to this.

regards, jw





_______________________________________________
Grok-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/grok-dev