When to use antialiasing when resizing?

pontissimo
I'm wondering if there's some general rule as to when to use the Antialias filter when resizing an image?

It seems that logo type images benefit greatly from it, but regular pictures get less of a benefit?

I recently discovered that Atom-processor netbooks have a very hard time with antialiasing, so I'm trying to use it sparingly.

Re: When to use antialiasing when resizing?

Edward Cannon
I tend to do it all the time, but that's just me. You could try using
the Bilinear Filter instead, often that works just fine.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Alec Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's some general rule as to when to use the Antialias
> filter when resizing an image?
>
> It seems that logo type images benefit greatly from it, but regular pictures
> get less of a benefit?
>
> I recently discovered that Atom-processor netbooks have a very hard time
> with antialiasing, so I'm trying to use it sparingly.

Re: When to use antialiasing when resizing?

pontissimo
I use antialiasing all the time too. But wow, try it on an Atom processor (i.e. netbook) sometime, very very very slow.

When no filter is specified, does it use the Bilinear filter?

Re: When to use antialiasing when resizing?

Edward Cannon-2
The default is specified in the documentation, usually NEAREST