Where does the clr in IronPython look the dll

Where does the clr in IronPython look the dll

navneet khanna
Hello Everybody

I am trying to import dll with clr.AddReference("TCdll")
I am getting the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#26>", line 1, in <module>
    clr.AddReference("TCdll")
FileNotFoundException: Unable to find assembly 'TCdll'.
   at Python.Runtime.CLRModule.AddReference(String name)

I have loaded the dll in system32 folder. Have I loaded the dll at the right place or do I need to place it anywhere else?
Waiting for your replies.

Regards
Navneet

Re: Where does the clr in IronPython look the dll

Craig Farrow

The dll needs to be on the Python path (sys.path). You can either add to
the path with sys.path.append("c:\....") or put your dll in a folder in
the Python site-packages directory and add a .pth file (for Python.NET,
but not IronPython
  -- it doesn't recognise the .pth files).

Regards,

Craig.