Who's speaking (two days from now)?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Who's speaking (two days from now)?

Glen Jarvis
I'm sorry if I missed this in email (I'm looking at BayPIGgies.net). Does anyone know who is speaking this week and what the subject will be?


Glen
--
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.

-- Goethe

_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Who's speaking (two days from now)?

Shannon -jj Behrens
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Glen Jarvis <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry if I missed this in email (I'm looking at BayPIGgies.net). Does anyone know who is speaking this week and what the subject will be?

I am.  Here are the details:

Speaker: Shannon -jj Behrens

Talk: Dart

Abstract:

Dart is a new class-based programming language for creating structured web applications. Developed with the goals of simplicity, efficiency, and scalability, the Dart language combines powerful new language features with familiar language constructs into a clear, readable syntax.  Why is Dart significant?  Because Google has a fork of WebKit with the Dart VM integrated into the browser!

Bio:

JJ is a developer advocate for YouTube APIs. His goal is to foster a rich set of third-party applications built on YouTube APIs. He's a well-known member of the Python community. He blogs atjjinux.blogspot.com on topics such as Python, Ruby, Linux, open source software, the Web, and lesser-known programming languages.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Who's speaking (two days from now)?

Glen Jarvis
Excellent!! Thanks, JJ 

G

On Jan 24, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Shannon -jj Behrens <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Glen Jarvis <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry if I missed this in email (I'm looking at BayPIGgies.net). Does anyone know who is speaking this week and what the subject will be?

I am.  Here are the details:

Speaker: Shannon -jj Behrens

Talk: Dart

Abstract:

Dart is a new class-based programming language for creating structured web applications. Developed with the goals of simplicity, efficiency, and scalability, the Dart language combines powerful new language features with familiar language constructs into a clear, readable syntax.  Why is Dart significant?  Because Google has a fork of WebKit with the Dart VM integrated into the browser!

Bio:

JJ is a developer advocate for YouTube APIs. His goal is to foster a rich set of third-party applications built on YouTube APIs. He's a well-known member of the Python community. He blogs atjjinux.blogspot.com on topics such as Python, Ruby, Linux, open source software, the Web, and lesser-known programming languages.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Who's speaking (two days from now)?

William Deegan
In reply to this post by Shannon -jj Behrens
All,

If I get a chance I'll add that to the website tonight.
Any newbie nuggets?

-Bill
On Jan 24, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Glen Jarvis <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry if I missed this in email (I'm looking at BayPIGgies.net). Does anyone know who is speaking this week and what the subject will be?

I am.  Here are the details:

Speaker: Shannon -jj Behrens

Talk: Dart

Abstract:

Dart is a new class-based programming language for creating structured web applications. Developed with the goals of simplicity, efficiency, and scalability, the Dart language combines powerful new language features with familiar language constructs into a clear, readable syntax.  Why is Dart significant?  Because Google has a fork of WebKit with the Dart VM integrated into the browser!

Bio:

JJ is a developer advocate for YouTube APIs. His goal is to foster a rich set of third-party applications built on YouTube APIs. He's a well-known member of the Python community. He blogs atjjinux.blogspot.com on topics such as Python, Ruby, Linux, open source software, the Web, and lesser-known programming languages.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa
_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies


_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Who's speaking (two days from now)?

Simeon Franklin
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM, William Deegan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If I get a chance I'll add that to the website tonight.
> Any newbie nuggets?
>
> -Bill

I think Hy Carrel was planning to talk about TDD for the Newbie Nugget.

-regards
Simeon Franklin
_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies