Windows port of PyGObject Introspection/GSoC

Windows port of PyGObject Introspection/GSoC

Bernhard Reiter-6
(Sorry for cross-posting, I really didn't know which ML was most
appropriate!)

I've noticed there's been some unofficial work on PyGObject
Introspection for Windows lately by TumaGonx [1] and Helge Herz [2],
which I think is great. Any chance upstream is going to collaborate with
them in order to turn this into something official?

One oppurtunity to do this would be this year's Google Summer of Code,
especially if one of the people involved is a student who wants to earn
some money for this kind of work ;-) Where would be the appropriate
place to suggest such an idea for GSoC?

Kind regards
Bernhard
PS: Please CC!

[1] http://opensourcepack.blogspot.de/2013/01/mypaint-and-pygi.html
[2]
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Run_Gramps40_for_Windows_from_source_using_Python_2.7.3

Re: Windows port of PyGObject Introspection/GSoC

Marina Zhurakhinskaya
Hi Bernhard,

The place to add GSoC project ideas is https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2013/Ideas

Who do you see being a mentor for this idea? Tuma or Helge, is either one of you interested in mentoring or participating in a GSoC like that?

Thanks,
Marina

Am Dienstag, den 26.03.2013, 14:55 -0400 schrieb Marina Zhurakhinskaya:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> The place to add GSoC project ideas is https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2013/Ideas
>Who do you see being a mentor for this idea?

Yeah, Tomeu Vizoso already told me about that wiki page on
[hidden email] -- I've noticed that this idea has been listed
already (second in the "Untriaged Ideas" section), with John Stowers (of
PyGTK fame) as possible mentor. Dieter Verfaille, who has done quite
some work both in releasing the latest PyGTK Windows installer bundles,
*and* getting the PyGObject/Introspection Windows port started, also
comes to mind.

> Tuma or Helge, is either one of you interested in mentoring or participating in a GSoC like that?

Yeah guys, please make this happen!

> Thanks,
> Marina

Regards