Wondering about PyQt6

Detlev Offenbach
Hello all,

PyQt6 has been mentioned in this mailing list several times in the past. I am
wondering about the development schedule of it. I am wondering as well, what
the difference between PyQt5 and PyQt6 can/will be. Maybe Phil can give a
short look ahead.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach

Re: Wondering about PyQt6

Phil Thompson-5
On 10 Mar 2019, at 10:10 am, Detlev Offenbach <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> PyQt6 has been mentioned in this mailing list several times in the past. I am
> wondering about the development schedule of it. I am wondering as well, what
> the difference between PyQt5 and PyQt6 can/will be. Maybe Phil can give a
> short look ahead.

PyQt6 will be the bindings for Qt6 - whatever and whenever that will be.

Phil

Re: Wondering about PyQt6

Detlev Offenbach
Hi Phil,

I am glad to hear this. I thought that might happen sooner based on Qt 5.x
already.

Detlev

wrote:

> > Hello all,
> >
> > PyQt6 has been mentioned in this mailing list several times in the past. I
> > am wondering about the development schedule of it. I am wondering as
> > well, what the difference between PyQt5 and PyQt6 can/will be. Maybe Phil
> > can give a short look ahead.
>
> PyQt6 will be the bindings for Qt6 - whatever and whenever that will be.
>
> Phil

Detlev Offenbach