[X-POST] Register for PyCon Pune 2018

Sayan Chowdhury-2
Hi,

The registrations for PyCon Pune 2018 is open. We have a wonderful
list of keynote speakers from the community. The schedule for the main
conference is also out[1].

Register[2] for PyCon Pune 2018 and be part of the community, learn
from your friends in the community and share the knowledge with them.

See you at PyCon Pune!

[1] https://pune.pycon.org/2018/speakers/
[2] https://pune.pycon.org/2018/register/

--
Sayan Chowdhury <https://sayanchowdhury.dgplug.org/>
Senior Software Engineer, Fedora Engineering - Emerging Platform

Proud to work at The Open Organization!

Re: [X-POST] Register for PyCon Pune 2018

Anand B Pillai
On Monday 11 December 2017 02:35 PM, Sayan Chowdhury wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The registrations for PyCon Pune 2018 is open. We have a wonderful
> list of keynote speakers from the community. The schedule for the main
> conference is also out[1].
>
> Register[2] for PyCon Pune 2018 and be part of the community, learn
> from your friends in the community and share the knowledge with them.
>
> See you at PyCon Pune!
>
> [1] https://pune.pycon.org/2018/speakers/

Very good indeed. But sad to see no keynote speaker from India or even Asia.

> [2] https://pune.pycon.org/2018/register/

--Anand

Re: [X-POST] Register for PyCon Pune 2018

kracekumar ramaraju

> On Monday 11 December 2017 02:35 PM, Sayan Chowdhury wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The registrations for PyCon Pune 2018 is open. We have a wonderful
> > list of keynote speakers from the community. The schedule for the main
> > conference is also out[1].
> >
> > Register[2] for PyCon Pune 2018 and be part of the community, learn
> > from your friends in the community and share the knowledge with them.
> >
> > See you at PyCon Pune!
> >
> > [1] https://pune.pycon.org/2018/speakers/

The Complexity of Security is pointing to Ansible talk by Trishna Guha.

Out of 16 speakers listed, ~10 speakers  are from outside of India. No two
ways about their credentials and contributions.
I'd put my money to listen to Carol Willing, Bret Cannon, and Andre Godwin.

If the website carries final set of speakers, then ~62.5% speakers are from
outside of India.
As I said, earlier, I'm not questioning about the talk quality or value it
may bring to the conference.
I'm worried about representation of developers from India.

In general, there is always a question about talks from Indian speakers.

At the same, don't change your mind to purchase the ticket!

--
Thanks & Regards

kracekumar
http://kracekumar.com

On Monday 11 December 2017 06:41 PM, kracekumar ramaraju wrote:

>> On Monday 11 December 2017 02:35 PM, Sayan Chowdhury wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The registrations for PyCon Pune 2018 is open. We have a wonderful
>>> list of keynote speakers from the community. The schedule for the main
>>> conference is also out[1].
>>>
>>> Register[2] for PyCon Pune 2018 and be part of the community, learn
>>> from your friends in the community and share the knowledge with them.
>>>
>>> See you at PyCon Pune!
>>>
>>> [1] https://pune.pycon.org/2018/speakers/
>>

> The Complexity of Security is pointing to Ansible talk by Trishna Guha.
>
> Out of 16 speakers listed, ~10 speakers  are from outside of India. No two
> ways about their credentials and contributions.
> I'd put my money to listen to Carol Willing, Bret Cannon, and Andre Godwin.

Oh, I'd too. This is not about measuring anyone's credentials or
weighing that of one set against another. This is about what this
conference is actually about.

> If the website carries final set of speakers, then ~62.5% speakers are from
> outside of India.
> As I said, earlier, I'm not questioning about the talk quality or value it
> may bring to the conference.
> I'm worried about representation of developers from India.
>
> In general, there is always a question about talks from Indian speakers.

I think for a conference happening in India, which is aimed towards
mostly participants from India, this is not just a general question, but
a very pertinent one.

--Anand