XML parsing that returns XSD types

Cory Casanave

I am consuming XML data and want the code to be dynamic with respect to the XSD defined types. Are there any XML parsers that return the XSD defined type with the XML data? Note this could be in Python or Jython abut I would prefer something that worked in both. The pure python libraries I saw did not seem to compute and return the type, but I may have just not found it – of course a parser that validates would have to figure this out – but it may not be exposed.

I did see PyXB but would prefer not to generate static python code for the hundreds of types.

Thanks!