Yet another online Python...

kirby urner-4
Just alerted to this one by the chairman:

http://pythonfiddle.com/

Still checking it out.

Kirby

Re: Yet another online Python...

Vern Ceder-3
Kirby,

Have you also heard of http://www.learnpython.org/ ? (I might have missed you mentioning it, been busy). It's another entry into the fray that's been underway for the past few months.

Cheers,
Vern

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM, kirby urner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just alerted to this one by the chairman:

http://pythonfiddle.com/

Still checking it out.

Kirby

Vern Ceder
[hidden email], [hidden email]
The Quick Python Book, 2nd Ed - http://bit.ly/bRsWDW

Re: Yet another online Python...

Paul Ivanov
Vern Ceder, on 2011-08-28 21:23,  wrote:
> Have you also heard of http://www.learnpython.org/ ? (I might have missed
> you mentioning it, been busy). It's another entry into the fray that's been
> underway for the past few months.

> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM, kirby urner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just alerted to this one by the chairman:
> >
> > http://pythonfiddle.com/
> >
> > Still checking it out.

Perhaps this has been previously mentioned, but I've also tried
and enjoyed http://www.pythonanywhere.com/

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at:

Re: Yet another online Python...

Nicolas Pettiaux-2
Dear

And there is also the new version of ipython that still need ironing
that has just been presented at http://euroscipy.org in Paris where
there are very advanced notebooks.

I'll let his main developper present the project if he wants to (I
know that Fernando will not be available in the next week or so)

--
Nicolas Pettiaux, dr. sc  - lepacte.be - hetpact.be - gsm : 0496 24 55 01
À l'Ère Libre - « promouvoir les libertés numériques en Belgique »  -

Re: Yet another online Python...

kirby urner-4
> This online version looks good for these classes.
> learnpython.org  has some turtle graphics, which we'd like to use.
> I don't see a description of the turtle graphics syntax/capabilities on the
> site, although the opening program has an example turtle program.
> Randy Latimer

Python's Standard Library turtle module is just another Python module
with no more docs than average for an SL mod.

Then we have numerous 3rd party modules, some of which focus
exclusively on turtle graphics and may involve special not-Python
syntax (because they're imitating Logo perhaps).

You likely know all this, just clearing it up for our readers.  Gregor
Lindl maintains the SL mod and has contributed lots of cool .py files
to drive turtles.

Kirby

Re: Yet another online Python...

Kirby Urner-6
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:59 AM, kirby urner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Python's Standard Library turtle module is just another Python module
with no more docs than average for an SL mod.

I suppose in the interests of completeness we
should mention that Python's native turtle mod
is in that subcategory of library modules that
depend on Tk and tkinter.  Not every Python
installation comes with the Tk base.  That's
just a standard way to bundle widgets and
GUI options.  wxPython, wrapping wx, has it's
alternative graphical scheme etc., other turtles.

Python, unlike Java, does not attempt to
build GUI widgets right into the language as
"foundation classes".  The Standard Library
solution is a different style of architecture.

Part of what keeps Python small, as a language,
is its decoupling from any one GUI library.

Python is not monogamous (plays well with
others), but then that's not a feature unique
to Python.

Kirby