advantages

Cjan Diwakar
what are the  advantages of using python?

Re: advantages

Matteo Boscolo
Hi Cjan,

Open Source
Full Scriptable
Cross Platform

Regards,
Matteo

Il 02/04/2012 13:10, Cjan Diwakar ha scritto:
what are the  advantages of using python?

Re: advantages

nitrofurano
more than open source, it's software libre (confusions between open
source and software libre must be avoided, for example, Microsoft has
open source licenses that they are not libre at all) - and Python is
more easily and fastly depurable, since it's a clean language and easy
to learn

On 4/2/12, Matteo Boscolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cjan,
>
> Open Source
> Full Scriptable
> Cross Platform
>

> Regards,
> Matteo
>
> Il 02/04/2012 13:10, Cjan Diwakar ha scritto:
>> what are the  advantages of using python?

Don't give Microsoft the remote control. Don't use Windows 7.
<http://windows7sins.org>

Re: advantages

Russ Nelson
Paulo Silva writes:
 > more than open source, it's software libre (confusions between open
 > source and software libre must be avoided, for example, Microsoft has
 > open source licenses that they are not libre at all)

What ARE you talking about?? If a license is open source, it's
software livre.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com
Crynwr supports open source software

Re: advantages

nitrofurano

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Open
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Paulo Silva writes:

 > On 4/4/12, Russ Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
 > > Paulo Silva writes:
 > >  > more than open source, it's software libre (confusions between open
 > >  > source and software libre must be avoided, for example, Microsoft has
 > >  > open source licenses that they are not libre at all)
 > >
 > > What ARE you talking about?? If a license is open source, it's
 > > software livre.
 >
 > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Open
 > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Having spoken to him about this, I believe that Richard agrees that
open source and free software are the same *software*, but that the
political movements which use those terms have different goals.