are there Tomboy and F-Spot equivalents?

are there Tomboy and F-Spot equivalents?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
Hi,
I dislike installing the entire Mono stack simply to take notes and
manage photos, and am totally biased towards Python. At least for
search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle.
Are there equvalents applications for Tomboy and F-Spot which are
written in Python.

Re: are there Tomboy and F-Spot equivalents?

BJörn Lindqvist
On 12/21/06, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I dislike installing the entire Mono stack simply to take notes and
> manage photos, and am totally biased towards Python. At least for
> search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle.
> Are there equvalents applications for Tomboy and F-Spot which are
> written in Python.

No

--
mvh Björn

Re: are there Tomboy and F-Spot equivalents?

Bugzilla from hieu.d.hoang@gmail.com

On Dec 22, 4:01 am, "Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I dislike installing the entire Mono stack simply to take notes and
> manage photos, and am totally biased towards Python. At least for
> search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle.
> Are there equvalents applications for Tomboy andF-Spotwhich are
> written in Python.

There is an image browser, Cornice, written in Python, using PIL and
wxPython. <http://freshmeat.net/projects/cornice>
Another image viewer is IMGV <http://imgv.sourceforge.net/>. I like the
way the author deals with menu.

Btw, you mean Tracker (aka MetaTracker ?) at
<http://www.gnome.org/~jamiemcc/tracker/>? I think it is written in C.
>From the features page: "written in C for maximum efficiency"

Cheers,
Hieu Hoang

Re: are there Tomboy and F-Spot equivalents?

Joel Rosdahl-2
"Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <[hidden email]> writes:

> I dislike installing the entire Mono stack simply to take notes and
> manage photos, and am totally biased towards Python. At least for
> search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle. Are there equvalents
> applications for Tomboy and F-Spot which are written in Python.

Kofoto <http://kofoto.rosdahl.net> is not exactly equivalent to F-Spot
but quite similar in some aspects; it's focused on organizing and
viewing photos, not editing them. It's written in Python using PyGTK.

Joel Rosdahl <[hidden email]>
Key BB845E97; fingerprint 9F4B D780 6EF4 5700 778D  8B22 0064 F9FF BB84 5E97