Quantcast

bdb.Bdb.canonic() -- What "stripped of surrounding angle brackets" means?

bdb.Bdb.canonic() -- What "stripped of surrounding angle brackets" means?

INADA Naoki-2
Hi, all.

on http://docs.python.org/library/bdb.html

  canonic(filename)
  Auxiliary method for getting a filename in a canonical form, that
is, as a case-normalized
  (on case-insensitive filesystems) absolute path, stripped of
surrounding angle brackets.

Is " stripped of surrounding angle brackets." means it removes "<" on
left end and ">" on right end?
In the code:

    def canonic(self, filename):
        if filename == "<" + filename[1:-1] + ">":
            return filename
        canonic = self.fncache.get(filename)
        if not canonic:
            canonic = os.path.abspath(filename)
            canonic = os.path.normcase(canonic)
            self.fncache[filename] = canonic
        return canonic

canonic() doesn't remove "<" and ">".

--
INADA Naoki  <[hidden email]>

Re: bdb.Bdb.canonic() -- What "stripped of surrounding angle brackets" means?

Éric Araujo
Hello

This list hosts discussions about the documentation toolchain itself,
not its contents. Please report the bug on bugs.python.org. Thanks.

Regards

Re: bdb.Bdb.canonic() -- What "stripped of surrounding angle brackets" means?

INADA Naoki-2
> This list hosts discussions about the documentation toolchain itself,
> not its contents.

Really?
http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/doc-sig/ says:
> For discussion of both the form and content of Python documentation.

> Please report the bug on bugs.python.org. Thanks.
I can't determine is this a bug or not because I am not good at English.
I may misunderstand documents.

--
INADA Naoki  <[hidden email]>