beginner: the missing .cls

pipehappy
Hi everyone

I have read the document 'documenting python' but am still confused. I
know LaTex, the mark described in the document and the required tool.
But when I just try to feed the doc.tex to LaTex, it tells me missing
'howto.cls'. And there are five or six men at Python.org to convert
the collected plain text into tex format. So I guess the source
tarball doesn't provide whole story. Can some one tell me where I can
find the missing file? Thanks very much!

Yue

Re: beginner: the missing .cls

Mark Sapiro
pipehappy wrote:

>I have read the document 'documenting python' but am still confused. I
>know LaTex, the mark described in the document and the required tool.
>But when I just try to feed the doc.tex to LaTex, it tells me missing
>'howto.cls'. And there are five or six men at Python.org to convert
>the collected plain text into tex format. So I guess the source
>tarball doesn't provide whole story. Can some one tell me where I can
>find the missing file? Thanks very much!

In the Python distribution in the Doc/texinputs directory.

--
Mark Sapiro <[hidden email]>       The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan