cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object

cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object

Saurabh Adhikary
Hello ,

I am upgrading my Django & Python from 1.8, 2.7 to 1.11,3.5.
For a models in TimeField I'm getting error in dateparse.py

Error -> cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object

Tried with datetime.now(), still not working.
Please help.

Regards,
Saurabh Adhikary

Re: cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object

Tobias Wiese
Hello,

This mailing list is for development. You are probably searching for the
list for users to ask questions: [hidden email]
Alternatively you might ask your question on freenode irc in the channel
#django

--
Tobias Wiese
PGP KEY: https://tobiaswiese.com/pgp.asc

Re: cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object

Adam Johnson-2
Hi Saurabh,

Tobias has said pointed it out, but I have a template email for "woops wrong mailing list" below that also contains some information that may help with your problem:

Hi!

I think you've found the wrong mailing list for this post. This mailing list is for the development of Django itself, not for support using Django. This means the discussions of bugs and features in Django itself, rather than in your code using it. People on this list are unlikely to answer your support query with their limited time and energy. Read more on the mailing lists at https://www.djangoproject.com/community/

For support, please use the django-users mailing list, or IRC #django on Freenode, or a site like Stack Overflow. There are people out there willing to help on those channels, but they might not respond if you don't ask your question well. Stack Overflow's question guide can help you frame it well: https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask .

Also if you haven't read it, please take a look at Django's Code of Conduct: https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/ . These are our "ground rules" for working well as a community, and will help you get the most out of Django and our fantastic community.

Thanks for your understanding,

Adam