cherrypt.url doen't encode url "prefix"

bogun.dmitriy
Hello.

In many cases cherrypy.url used to create absolute url path from relative. To do this, it append it's argument "path" to cherrypy.request.path_info. And here the pbolbem araises - whie cliend code can control quote status sent "path" argument, it have no controll over quote status of attached prefix(cherrypy.query.path_info).

If path_info contain for example "/a/b/разные_utf8_символы/" and we call cherrypy.url('c'), we receive incorrect url! And violate http spec, if it will be used in redirect.

Attach contain my proposition on fixing this.

PS cp-3.2.0

cp_url_fix.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: cherrypt.url doen't encode url "prefix"

bogun.dmitriy
23 декабря 2011 г. 2:00 пользователь <[hidden email]> написал:
Hello.

In many cases cherrypy.url used to create absolute url path from relative. To do this, it append it's argument "path" to cherrypy.request.path_info. And here the pbolbem araises - whie cliend code can control quote status sent "path" argument, it have no controll over quote status of attached prefix(cherrypy.query.path_info).

If path_info contain for example "/a/b/разные_utf8_символы/" and we call cherrypy.url('c'), we receive incorrect url! And violate http spec, if it will be used in redirect.

Attach contain my proposition on fixing this.

PS cp-3.2.0

Is anyone care about not ASCII support, except me? Is this patch will be applied to upstream?