digest_auth logout under 3.0beta

paulh-5

Is there a hook of some sort in place to provide a logout facility? I
have had a look around in httpauth, but can't see anything.
It would be desirable for users to be able to logout themselves and for
the server/application to force logouts. Since digest auth does not
necessarily use sessions I can't see how it would be done.
I suppose that in principle, the timestamp included in the hash
provides the possibility for some sort of ageing.

Paul Hide

Re: digest_auth logout under 3.0beta

Sylvain Hellegouarch

paulh wrote:
> Is there a hook of some sort in place to provide a logout facility? I
> have had a look around in httpauth, but can't see anything.
> It would be desirable for users to be able to logout themselves and for
> the server/application to force logouts. Since digest auth does not
> necessarily use sessions I can't see how it would be done.
> I suppose that in principle, the timestamp included in the hash
> provides the possibility for some sort of ageing.

There is no such thing sadly. The only way to logout is to close he
browser so it deletes the digest/basic token it has temporary stored.

It could have been done if browsers had provided an API to access the
digest/basic token via Javascript. This is not the case.

We could hack something around this but this could be messy.

- Sylvain