django-admin error

Naty Mina
hi, i'm new in django and trying to create my first project
i followed the documentation and when i try to execute the django-admin startproject mysite i get error that 'no django settings specified' and to try 'django-admin.py help' instead for usage.
the problem is when i try to do so, i get again the same error message
i need help with that.
i attached file so you can see
thank you

Capture.PNG (12K) Download Attachment

Re: django-admin error

Muhammad Nadeem
FIRST U NEED TO START A NEW PROJECT USING FOLLOWING CODE:                 django-admin startproject mysite
WHERE "mysite" is the name of your project. you can change this name as you desired.

if further u have any error fell free ping me

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 1:32 AM Naty Mina <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi, i'm new in django and trying to create my first project
i followed the documentation and when i try to execute the django-admin startproject mysite i get error that 'no django settings specified' and to try 'django-admin.py help' instead for usage.
the problem is when i try to do so, i get again the same error message
i need help with that.
i attached file so you can see
thank you

Re: django-admin error

Ronit Mishra
You've installed your django correctly. I can see the version in your snapshot.

Also I think you're trying to call django-admin from a python shell. Just write the command 'django-admin startproject mysite' on the terminal/command prompt.

This should do it.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 4:08 AM Daniel Agbaji <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Arjun Reddy
Hi
I would like to start learning Django and can anyone suggest tutorial is best for beginners.

Re: django-admin error

Mituka Devlin Bwanausi
I recommend this: https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-beginners-guide-to-django-django-2-python-web-dev-website/

Django 2.2 & Python | The Ulitmate Web Development Bootcamp.

Good lectures and easy to grasp as you will also get through a python refresher before you get right into Django.

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 2:18:27 PM UTC+2, Arjun Reddy wrote:
Hi
I would like to start learning Django and can anyone suggest tutorial is best for beginners.

Re: django-admin error

Mituka Devlin Bwanausi
Type it all in one line.....like this "django-admin startproject mysite"

Your screen shot shows you trying to do things separately.

On Saturday, August 17, 2019 at 10:33:43 PM UTC+2, Naty Mina wrote:
hi, i'm new in django and trying to create my first project
i followed the documentation and when i try to execute the django-admin startproject mysite i get error that 'no django settings specified' and to try 'django-admin.py help' instead for usage.
the problem is when i try to do so, i get again the same error message
i need help with that.
i attached file so you can see
thank you

Re: django-admin error

Gabriel Araya Garcia
Hi Daniel:
I have build a little app in Django, but i have two problems:
1) I can not see the tables in ADMIN, but nevertheless y put in admin.py:
from .models import Pacientes
admin.site.register(Pacientes)

But it not run.

2) I can not upload my project to HEROKU, I've follow all the steps for to do this, but not run
Do you know some cpanel to upload my app for demo only (it have 120 records)

Please, can you help about this?

Thanks
(excusme my english, my native language is spanish)

El sáb., 17 ago. 2019 a las 18:38, Daniel Agbaji (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

GMI - Desarrollo de Sistemas Informáticos
99.7721.15.70

Re: django-admin error

Gil Obradors
1.-Plese detail more : "But it not run" ?  Any error?  Admin screen withous the model?
You can try doing with the same with decorator and class:
from django.contrib import admin

@admin.register(Pacientes)
class PacientesAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin)
    pass

Share errors, screen, behaveour...

2.- I don't know heroku but maybe for test/demo your selfPC it could be easy for starting...
Port forwarding and go!

Bests djangos

Missatge de Gabriel Araya Garcia <[hidden email]> del dia dg., 18 d’ag. 2019 a les 21:41:
[...]

Sipum Mishra
Hi,

Kindly do whatever some told to add in admin.py file above. Thats correct. After that u can see in admin panel
..

And for heroku what  error you are getting plz share screenshot.
I can help you.

On Mon, 19 Aug, 2019, 2:36 AM Gil Obradors, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

that's exactly what i tried to do but it doesn't work

בתאריך יום ראשון, 18 באוגוסט 2019 בשעה 00:38:55 UTC+3, מאת Muhammad Nadeem:

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 1:32 AM Naty Mina <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="vXzefBC7AQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">naty...@...> wrote: