django-admin makemessages --no-obsolete doesn't seem to be working

django-admin makemessages --no-obsolete doesn't seem to be working

Kishor Pawar
First of all, I am expecting `--no-obsolete` would comment out `msgid` and `msgstr` if `gettext` is deleted, right?

How I am testing is:

1. I wrote `gettext("some string here")` in view
2. I ran `makemessages` command
3. It wrote a `.po` file as expected
4. Then I deleted `gettext()` line from view and saved file, verified `runserver` working.
5. I ran `makemessages --no-obsolete` and it has not made any changes to `.po` file.

`.po` file content extract .

    #. Translators: This message is a test of wrap line
    #: servers/views.py:31
    msgid "Do let me know if it works."
    msgstr ""

Re: django-admin makemessages --no-obsolete doesn't seem to be working

Kishor Pawar
All my emails never are responded, i'm thinking they not going to discussion list. Someone can reply anything just to let me know.

--
Thanks & Regards
Kishor Pawar

The Trouble with the world is that Stupids are Full of Confidence and The Intelligent are Full of Doubts.

Re: django-admin makemessages --no-obsolete doesn't seem to be working

Ramiro Morales-2
On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Kishor Pawar <[hidden email]> wrote:
First of all, I am expecting `--no-obsolete` would comment out `msgid` and `msgstr` if `gettext` is deleted, right?

AFAIK there is no  (and there wasn't ever) a `--no-obsolete` modifier to the makemessages command.

Did you read about that somewhere? Can you post a link?

--
Ramiro Morales
@ramiromorales