emacs ipython 5b

Neal Becker
setting --simple-prompt fixes my issues with inferior ipython 5b on emacs.

I don't know why, my posts on gmane are not getting through.

--
Those who don't understand recursion are doomed to repeat it

Re: emacs ipython 5b

Thomas Kluyver-2
On 24 June 2016 at 16:13, Neal Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
setting --simple-prompt fixes my issues with inferior ipython 5b on emacs.

Great :-)

You'll need to use that flag for IPython 5 as an inferior shell: we don't know how to automatically detect if we're running as an inferior shell.

I don't know why, my posts on gmane are not getting through.

Not sure how gmane works, but this list only allows posts from subscribers - maybe that blocks it somehow.

Re: emacs ipython 5b

Pete Forman-2
Thomas Kluyver <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 24 June 2016 at 16:13, Neal Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I don't know why, my posts on gmane are not getting through.
>
> Not sure how gmane works, but this list only allows posts from
> subscribers - maybe that blocks it somehow.

If you are subscribed to the mailing list then gmane posts are passed
through. I am posting this over NNTP via gmane.

If not then gmane will email you to relay a subscription request. Here
is an example from Gmane Autoauthorizer.

--
Pete Forman