email6 funding

R. David Murray
So, now that I've cleared my reply backlog, on to the exciting news.

Some of you may have seen Jesse Noller's retweet of the tweet from
Paul Leroux of QNX.  This is big news for me (and for the email-sig :):
QNX wants to fund me to do the email6 development.

We are still working out the details, but I think you can expect to
see email6 development go into overdrive in the near future.  Like,
right after PyCon.  We're preparing things at my consulting firm to
allow me to spend a significant amount of my time working on email6.

I am *seriously* excited by this, and very grateful to QNX.

Anyone interested in an email6 BOF at PyCon or a brainstorming
session during the Sprints afterward, please let me know.

--David
Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

Re: email6 funding

jalopyuser
And RIM just bought QNX, so I'd expect to see interest in Outlook
compatibility.

Interesting.

Bill
Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

Re: email6 funding

Barry Warsaw
On Mar 02, 2011, at 08:41 PM, R. David Murray wrote:

>So, now that I've cleared my reply backlog, on to the exciting news.
>
>Some of you may have seen Jesse Noller's retweet of the tweet from
>Paul Leroux of QNX.  This is big news for me (and for the email-sig :):
>QNX wants to fund me to do the email6 development.
>
>We are still working out the details, but I think you can expect to
>see email6 development go into overdrive in the near future.  Like,
>right after PyCon.  We're preparing things at my consulting firm to
>allow me to spend a significant amount of my time working on email6.
>
>I am *seriously* excited by this, and very grateful to QNX.
What can I say other than: AWESOME!  Thanks QNX!

>Anyone interested in an email6 BOF at PyCon or a brainstorming
>session during the Sprints afterward, please let me know.

o/

I probably won't have time to sprint on email this year, but I would love to
have a BOF.

-Barry

Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

Re: email6 funding

Paul Leroux
Thanks Barry. QNX will have a booth at Pycon, and Andy will be there.
Feel free to drop by and say hello to him.

- Paul

On Mar 04, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Paul Leroux wrote:

>Thanks Barry. QNX will have a booth at Pycon, and Andy will be there.
>Feel free to drop by and say hello to him.

I will!

Cheers,
-Barry

Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com