generic views

paulh-5

I tried this post in django users, but it got no responses:

The code of views.generic.list_detail. object_list has the following
line:
queryset = queryset._clone(),

Looking at the rest of the code I can't quite see why this 'cloning'
operation takes place, but I have probably missed something.

If the code were to read:
try: queryset = queryset._clone()
except: pass
It would appear to be possible to pass object_list a list, which would
be very useful.

Paul Hide

Re: generic views

Sylvain Hellegouarch

paulh wrote:

> I tried this post in django users, but it got no responses:
>
> The code of views.generic.list_detail. object_list has the following
> line:
> queryset = queryset._clone(),
>
> Looking at the rest of the code I can't quite see why this 'cloning'
> operation takes place, but I have probably missed something.
>
> If the code were to read:
> try: queryset = queryset._clone()
> except: pass
> It would appear to be possible to pass object_list a list, which would
> be very useful.

I must admit I'm not quite sure you are talking about CherryPy here. Ot
I'm really missing something :)

- Sylvain