get_config

linny
Hei, I'm trying to get ipython anacoda set up with notepad++ instead of notepad in windows. So that %edit is referring to notepad++... For this I have to alter the file ipython_config in my default profile. The problem is that I get the following error name 'get_config' is not defined where can I install the get_config function ? should this not be installed by default?

Re: get_config

Paul Ivanov-2
linny, on 2014-05-27 02:44,  wrote:
> Hei,I'm trying to get ipython anacoda set up with notepad++ instead of
> notepad in windows. So that  %edit is referring to notepad++...For this I
> have to alter the file ipython_config in my default profile. The problem is
> that I get the following error*name 'get_config' is not defined*where can I
> install the get_config function ? should this not be installed by default?

get_config is available only inside the configuration files at
load time. You will want to put a line like this:

c.TerminalInteractiveShell.editor = 'notepad++'

in your ~/.ipython/profile_default/ipython_config.py

There's already a placeholder line there with 'vim' as the
editor, which is commented out.

best,
--
                   _