get model PC

pacopyc pacopyc
Hi, how can I get the model of remote computers?

es. HP Compaq 6510b, IBM 2653, Toshiba Satellite Pro L670-11E, ....

Thanks.

pacopyc

Re: get model PC

Kris Hardy
On 1/10/2012 9:37 AM, pacopyc pacopyc wrote:
> Hi, how can I get the model of remote computers?
>
> es. HP Compaq 6510b, IBM 2653, Toshiba Satellite Pro L670-11E, ....

Look at these registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\DESCRIPTION\SYSTEM\BIOS
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SystemInformation

-Kris

Re: get model PC

Tim Roberts
pacopyc pacopyc wrote:
> Hi, how can I get the model of remote computers?
>
> es. HP Compaq 6510b, IBM 2653, Toshiba Satellite Pro L670-11E, ....

In general, this is marketing information that is only stored on a
sticker.  Most computers do not know their own model number.

--
Tim Roberts, [hidden email]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Re: get model PC

hejibo
How about BIOS information? can we extract this?
He Jibo
Department of Psychology,
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign,
603 East Daniel St.,
Champaign, IL 61820
website: www.hejibo.info