_grabscreen???

Scott Hastings
Hi,

I'm having a difficult time using the python imaging library on my
mac.  Being naive, I installed a universal binary that someone
compiled from  "http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html".
This is after trying for a few hours to install from the source code;
however, couldn't get it to run without a laundry list of errors.

With the binary version, I have been successful running most modules;
however, cannot an essential function for my module to work, the
ImageGrab().  When running, it reports an error: ImportError: No
module named _grabscreen

How do I fix this? or Work around?

I'm not adverse to reinstalling from the sourcecode, re-formating my
mac, or buying a cheap PC!  It's important that I can do a screen
capture with python.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Scott

Re: _grabscreen???

Fredrik Lundh
I'm afraid ImageGrab isn't available for Mac OS X; it's Windows only in 1.1.7.

(Contributions from mac hackers are welcome!)

</F>

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Scott Hastings <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a difficult time using the python imaging library on my mac.
>  Being naive, I installed a universal binary that someone compiled from
>  "http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html".  This is after trying
> for a few hours to install from the source code; however, couldn't get it to
> run without a laundry list of errors.
>
> With the binary version, I have been successful running most modules;
> however, cannot an essential function for my module to work, the
> ImageGrab().  When running, it reports an error: ImportError: No module
> named _grabscreen
>
> How do I fix this? or Work around?
>
> I'm not adverse to reinstalling from the sourcecode, re-formating my mac, or
> buying a cheap PC!  It's important that I can do a screen capture with
> python.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Cheers,
> Scott