gtk icons glade

vector-2
Hi all
Im using glade to help learn to build a front end and in its image drop
down list there are a stack of icons.
Where are these Icons stored? I have searched the hd but cant find them
as png etc. are they stored in a special way?

Im chasing a strange one here. when I insert my made icon which is the
same pixel size as far as I can tell it does strange things to the drop
down menu.
Possibly  aquestion for the glade forum but i thought id save my self
the sign up and ask here first as I suspect it will come back to being a
gtk thing.